Everyone knows that a nice, new iPhone 4 makes an awesome holiday gift! Maybe you were lucky enough to get one? If so, your first step after activating it should be to turn that beautiful glass and steel smartphone into a lean, mean, app-running machine!
We’ve got you covered with our recommendations for 10 free apps that no iPhone is complete without:
- Shazam - Magically identify music tracks, buy them, and share the tags with friends
- Viber - Make free phone calls to other iPhone users that have Viber installed.
- Path - Capture life’s moments with your iPhone camera. Share your life with 50 close friends and family.
- Downhill Bowling 2 - Face it, anyone can bowl down a straight lane of polished wood. You need bowling raised to the next power, a wild, careening, joy ride kind of bowling.
- FLUD mobile - Summarizes the news personalized to you.
- Kayak Flights - Brings the fast flight search functionality of Kayak.com to your mobile device
- Groupon - Get one unbeatable deal each day on the best stuff to do in cities across the U.S.
- Twitter - Discover what’s happening right now, anywhere in the world with the official Twitter for iPhone app.
- Facebook - It’s the official facebook app, what more do you need to know?
- Zen Bound - A calm and meditative puzzle game about wrapping wooden sculptures with rope
Happy holidays and enjoy your new iPhone!
(If you’re an Android user and ended up here by mistake, no worries: check out our list of ten must-have free Android apps.)